Friday 23 June 2017

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!! MM'17 has no announcements to make at the end of their tour.

Hey everyone.

I am finally back home from Cap Verde with great internet and a functionning computer - and while it was a fantastic holiday, I am so glad to be home (though holy heck if it isn't warmer in this shithole of a country than fucking Africa, how is that even possible im dying help). 

So anyway, I woke up this morning to Morning Musume '17's concert being streamed live (yes I woke up late, I am slightly jetlagged, in Cap Verde  I woke up at 7:30 am, ok?) and I actually got into the livestream just as the lights were turned off and they started with a song from their newest (yet way too old. gimme something new now plz) single: Brand New Morning. Many had anticipated this concert, thinking there would be a huge announcement to be made, which isn't too weird considering MM never really livestreams unless there's something huge about to happen. Like 13ki for example (who were the last reason for a livestream). And considering H!P right now is kind of a mess with 3 KSS hanging over our heads with a debut announcement and nowhere to go and the poor girls from Country Girls being thrown into a new group as soon as Lord Momoko leaves despite their best efforts as CG, we all probably expected there to be some sort of clarification about what might happen to these 6 girls.

But alas, when the time for the last MC arrived and I was at the edge of my seat (not really, I was lying down in my bed.. but I was excited) waiting for this announcement to happen, it just.. didn't. In stead they announced the next tours name, which is "We Are Morning Musume", and then said their goodbyes with Happy Daisakusen and a fantastic performance of Bravo. And I am relieved. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded an announcement about some of the 6 girls joining, I love all of them and feel they could have a great impact on the group. But having a concert streamed like this, without it having to be about a graduation or a new generation.. it's just kind of.. nice.

It gave me a chance to see the group as it is now - with 13ki having just joined - in their fullest power, without having anything to take the light of it. When 13ki was announced I have to admit I don't remember what happened before or after the announcement in the concert, but here - it was all about that. Their performance, their improvement, their power. And I loved it. It really was just a great concert. My favourite part was the 13ki medley, because DAMN these two.. Yokoyan and Kaedii.. Thank you so much for joining the group, the both of you (I know it's not their choice and whatever, but still. I wanted to thank them for their brilliance) . Nonaka Miki was another great plus of this concert because damn she is hilarious. Everyone got to shine individually in this concert and I appreciate that, heck even Oharu got lines and was adorable. So yeah, all in all, I am so happy the concert was about the group, and not an announcement. The setlist could have used more variety imho, but it was upbeat and powerful.

So yeah, the big announcement to me, is WE ARE AWESOME. WATCH US BE AWESOME ALL OVER THE WORLD. And I think that is fantastic.

More livestreams for the hell of it, plz.

Ok that's all. thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment